- Steinberg, D., ”Vibration Analysis for Electronic Equipment”, 2-nd ed., John Wiley, 1988.
- JEDEC Standard JESD22-B104-B, Mechanical Shock, 2001
- JEDEC Standard JESD22-B111, Board Level Drop Test Method of Components for Handheld Electronic Products, 2003
- Suhir, E., “Dynamic Response of Micro-Electronic Systems to Shocks and Vibrations: Review and Extension”, in E. Suhir, CP Wong, YC Lee, eds. “Micro- and Opto-Electronic Materials and Structures: Physics, Mechanics, Design, Packaging, Reliability”, Springer, 2007 [CrossRef]
- Suhir, E., D. Steinberg, T. Yi, “Dynamic Response of Electronic and Photonic Systems to Shocks and Vibrations”, John Wiley, 2011 [CrossRef]
- Suhir, E., “Dynamic Response of a One-Degree-of-Freedom Linear System to a Shock Load during Drop Tests: Effect of Viscous Damping”, IEEE CPMT Transactions, Part A, vol. 19, No.3, 1996.
- Suhir, E., “Could Shock Tests Adequately Mimic Drop Test Conditions?”, 52nd ECTC Proc., 2002
- Zhou, C.Y., Yu, T.X., Suhir, E., “Design of Shock Table Tests to Mimic Real-Life Drop Conditions”, IEEE CPMT Transactions, vol.32, No.4, 2009
- Luan, J.E., Tee, T.Y. Analytical and Numerical Analysis of Impact Pulse Parameters on Consistency of Drop Impact Results. 6-th Electronics Packaging Technology Conference, IEEE Cat. No. 04EX971, 8-9 December 2004
- Tee, T.Y., Luan, J.E., Pek, E., Lim, C.T., Zhong, Z.W., “Advanced Experimental and Simulation Techniques for Analysis of Dynamic Responses During Drop Impact”, pp.1088-1094, 54-th ECTC Proc., 2004
- Suhir, E., “Is the Maximum Acceleration an Adequate Criterion of the Dynamic Strength of a Structural Element in an Electronic Product?”, IEEE CPMT Transactions, Part A, vol.20, No.4, December 1997.
- Wu, J; Song, G; Yeh, C-P; Wyatt, K. Drop/Impact Simulation and Test Validation of Telecommunication Products. 6th ITHERM, May 27-30, 1998
- Tee, T.Y., Ng, H.S., Lim, C.T., Pek, E., Zhong, Z.W., “Application of Drop Test Simulation in Electronic Packaging”, 4-th ASEAN ANSYS Conf., 2002.
- Syed, A., et al, A Methodology for Drop Performance Prediction and Application for Design Optimization of Chip Scale Packages, 55-th ECTC, 2005
- E. Suhir, “Response of a Heavy Electronic Component to Harmonic Excitations Applied to Its External Electric Leads”, Elektrotechnik & Informationstechnik (Austria), vol.9, 2007
- Vodzak, J., Barker, D., Dasgupta, A. and M. Pecht, “Combined Vibrational and Thermal Solder Joint Fatigue - A Generalized Strain Versus Life Approach,” ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Vol. 112, No. 2, pp. 129-134, June 1990
- Condra, L., Johnson, G., Pecht, M. and A. Christou, “Estimating the Vibration Fatigue Life of Quad Leaded Surface Mount Components,” IEEE Trans. on Components, Hybrids, and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 15, No. 4, Aug. 1992.
- Barker, D., Dasgupta, A. and M. Pecht, “PWB Solder Joint Life Calculations Under Thermal and Vibrational Loading,” Journal of the Institute Environmental Sciences, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 17-25, 1992
- Qi, H., M. Osterman, and M. Pecht, “Modeling of Combined Temperature Cycling and Vibration Loading on PBGA Solder Joints Using an Incremental Damage Superposition Approach,” IEEE Trans. on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 463-472, August 2008. [CrossRef]
- Ghaffarian, R., “Shock and Thermal Cycling Synergism Effects on Reliability of CBGA Assemblies”, IEEE Aerospace Conf. Proceedings, 2000
- Sakthievelan, S., et al, “Thermal and Mechanical Behavior of Lead-Free Area Array Packages with Full/Corner/No-Underfill”, InterPack, San Francisco, CA, July 19-23, 2009.
- Zhu, L, Submodeling Technique for BGA Reliability Analysis of CSP Packaging Subjected to an Impact Loading, InterPACK Conference Proc., 2001
- Yu, Q., Kukuichi, H., Ikeda, S., Shiratori, M., Kakino, M., Fujiwara, N., Dynamic Behavior of Electronics Package and Impact Reliability of BGA Solder Joints, Intersociety Conf. on Thermal Phenomena, 2002
- Mishiro, K., et al, “Effect of the Drop Impact on BGA/CSP Package Reliability”, Microelectronics Reliability, 42, 2002
- Tee, T.Y., Ng, H.S., Lim, C.T., Pek, E., Zhong, Z.W. Board Level Drop Tests and Simulation of TFBGA Packages for Telecommunication Applications, 53-rd ECTC Proc., May 2003.
- Luan, J.E., Tee, T.Y. Effect of Impact Pulse on Dynamic Responses and Solder Joint Reliability of TFBGA Packages During Board Level Drop Test, 6-th EMAP Conference, Malaysia, Dec. 2004
- Chiu, T.C., et al, Effect of Thermal Aging on Board Level Drop Reliability for Pb-Free BGA Packages, 54-th ECTC 2004
- Tan, L.B., Board Level Solder Joint Failure by Static and Dynamic Loads, Proc. 5-th EPTC, 2003
- Xu, L. et al, Numerical Studies of the Mechanical Response of Solder Joints to Drop/Impact Load, Proc. EPTC 2003
- Ong, K.C., et al, Dynamic Materials Testing and Modeling of Solder Interconnects, 54-th ECTC, 2004
- Date M, et al, Ductile-to-Brittle Transition in Sn-Zn Solder Joints Measured by Impact Tests, Scripta Materialia, Vol. 51, 2004
- Goyal, S.; Buratynski, E. K.; Elko, G. W.‘‘Shock-protection Suspension Design for Printed Circuit Board”. Proceedings of SPIE- vol. 4217, 2002
- Wang, Y.Q., “Modeling and Simulation of PCB Drop Test”, Proc. 5-th EPTC, 2003
- Luan, J.E., Tee, T.Y., Pek, E., Lim, C.T., Zhong, Z.W., Modal Analysis and Dynamic Responses of Board Level Drop Test, 5-th EPTC Conference4 Proc., Singapore, 2003
- Gu, J., D. Barker and M. Pecht, “Prognostics Implementation of Electronics under Vibration Loading,” Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 47, No. 12,, Dec. 2007. [CrossRef]
- Mathew, S., D. Das, M. Osterman, M. Pecht, J. Clayton, and R. Ferebee, “Virtual Remaining Life Assessment of Electronic Hardware Subjected to Shock and Random Vibration Life Cycle Loads,” Journal of the IEST, Vol. 50, No. 1, April 2007.
- Suhir, E., “Vibration Frequency of a Fused Biconical Taper (FBT) Lightwave Coupler”, IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 10, No. 7, 1992. [CrossRef]
- Suhir, E., “Elastic Stability, Free Vibrations, and Bending of Optical Glass Fibers: The Effect of the Nonlinear Stress-Strain Relationship”, Applied Optics, vol. 31, No. 24, 1992. [CrossRef]
- Suhir, E., “Stochastically Unstable Vibrations of Flexible Rectangular Plates Subjected to Periodic Shock Loads”, Proceedings of the X-th All-Union Conference on the Theory of Plates and Shells”, vol.II, Mezniereba, Tbilisi, 1975 (in Russian)
- Suhir, E., “Response of a Flexible Printed Circuit Board to Periodic Shock Loads Applied to Its Support Contour”, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 59, No. 2, 1992. [CrossRef]
- Suhir, E., “Nonlinear Dynamic Response of a Flexible Thin Plate to Constant Acceleration Applied to Its Support Contour, with Application to Printed Circuit Boards Used in Avionic Packaging”, Int. Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 29, No. 1, 1992.
- Suhir, E., “Linear and Nonlinear Vibrations Caused by Periodic Impulses”, AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS 26th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, Orlando, Florida, April 1985.
- Suhir, E., M. Vujosevic, and T. Reinikainen, “Nonlinear Dynamic Response of a “Flexible-and-Heavy” Printed Circuit Board (PCB) to an Impact Load Applied to Its Support Contour”, Journal of Applied Physics, D, 42, No.4, 2009
- Suhir E. and L. Arruda, “The Coordinate Function in the Problem of the Nonlinear Dynamic Response of an Elongated Printed Circuit Board (PCB) to a Drop Impact Applied to Its Support Contour”, European Journal of Applied Physics, vol.48, No.2, 2009 [CrossRef]
- Suhir E. and L. Arruda, “Could an Impact Load of Finite Duration Acting on a Duffing Oscillator Be Substituted with an Instantaneous Impulse?”, Japan SME Journal of Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering (JSMME), vol.4, No.9, 2010
- Suhir, E. Burke, R. “Dynamic Response of a Rectangular Plate to a Shock Load, with Application to Portable Electronic Products”. Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology, Part B: Advanced Packaging, IEEE Transactions on, Volume: 17, Issue: 3, 1994
- Suhir, E., “Shock Protection with a Nonlinear Spring”, IEEE CPMT Transactions, Advanced Packaging, Part B, vol. 18, No. 2, 1995.
- Suhir, E., “Shock-Excited Vibrations of a Conservative Duffing Oscillator with Application to Shock Protection in Portable Electronics”, Int. Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 33, No. 24, 1996. [CrossRef]
- Goyal, S.; Papadopoulos, J. M.; Sullivan, P. A. ” Shock Protection of Portable Electronic Products: Shock Response Spectrum, Damage Boundary Approach, and Beyond”” Shock and Vibration, v 4, n 3, 1997
- Huang W., Kececioglu D.B., Prince J.L. “A Simplified Random Vibration Analysis on Portable Electronic Products”, IEEE Transactions on Components & Packaging Technologies, vol.23, no.3, 2000. [CrossRef]
- Seah SKW. Lim CT. Wong EH. Tan VBC. Shim VPW. “Mechanical Response of PCBs in Portable Electronic Products During Drop Impact”. 4th Electronics Packaging Technology Conference (EPTC 2002), Singapore. 10-12 Dec. 2002.
- Lim, C.T., Teo, Y.M., Shim, V.P.W., Numerical Simulation of the Drop Impact Response of a Portable Electronic product, IEEE CPMT Transactions, vol. 25, No.3, Sept. 2002
- Zhu, L., Modeling Technique for Reliability Assessment of Portable Electronic Product Subjected to Drop Impact Loads, 53-rd ECTC, pp.100-104, 2003.
- Irving, S.; Liu, Y. Free Drop Test Simulation for Portable IC Package by Implicit Transient Dynamics FEM. 54-th ECTC 2004.
- E. Suhir, “Applied Probability for Engineers and Scientists”, McGraw Hill, New York, 1997.
- E. Suhir, “Probabilistic Design for Reliability””, Chip Scale Reviews, vol.14, No.6, 2010
- E. Suhir, R. Mahajan, “Do Electronic Industries Need New Approaches to Qualify Their Devices Into Products?”, Circuit Assembly, April 2011
- E. Suhir, “How to Make a Device into a Product: Accelerated Life Testing It’s Role, Attributes, Challenges, Pirfalls, and Interaction with Qualification Testing”, in E. Suhir, CP Wong, YC Lee, eds. “Micro- and Opto-Electronic Materials and Structures: Physics, Mechanics, Design, Packaging, Reliability”, Springer, 2007 [CrossRef]
- E. Suhir, “Reliability and Accelerated Life Testing”, Semiconductor International, February 1, 2005.
- E. Suhir, “Thermo-Mechanical Stress Modeling in Microelectronics and Photonics”, Electronic Cooling, vol.7, No.4, 2001
- E. Suhir, “Thermal Stress Modeling in Microelectronics and Photonics Packaging, and the Application of the Probabilistic Approach: Review and Extension” (invited paper), IMAPS International Journal of Microcircuits and Electronic Packaging, vol.23, No.2, 2000
- E. Suhir, “Basics of Electronics Reliability”, Springer, (in print)
- E. Suhir and R. Mogford, “Two Men in a Cockpit: Casualty Likelihood if One Pilot Becomes Incapacitated”, Journal of Aircraft, Vol.48, No.4, July-August 2011
- E. Suhir, “Human in the Loop: Predicted Likelihood of Vehicular Mission Success and Safety”, Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 49, No. 1, January–February 2012 [CrossRef]
EPJ Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 2012DYMAT 2012 - 10th International Conference on the Mechanical and Physical Behaviour of Materials under Dynamic Loading
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||31 August 2012|