- S. Higgins, Strain rate and density dependent behaviour of bovine cancellous bone in compression (Master’s thesis, University of Cape Tow, 2008)
- B. Hopkinson, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Containing Papers of a Mathematical or Physical Character, 1914, 213:437456.
- H. Kolsky, An Investigation of the Mechanical Properties of Materials at Very High Rates of Loading (Proceedings of the Physical Society, Section B, 1949), 62:676700.
- M.M. Al-Mousawi, S.R. Reid, and W.F. Deans, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science,1997, 211(4):273292.
- S. Nemat-Nasser, J.B. Isaacs, and J.E. Starrett, Hopkinson techniques for dynamic recovery experiments. Royal Society Publishing (1991).
- B. Song and W. Chen, Latin American Journal of Solids and Structure (2005).
- A.S. Bowden, Experimental and numerical study on the effect of strain rate to ductile damage (Master’s thesis, University of Cape Town, 2009)
- D.R. Carter and W.C. Hayes, Reprint in The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 2007.
- D. L. Kopperdah and T.M. Keaveny, Yield strain behavior of trabecular bone, Elsevier, 1998.
- Moreno and F. Forriol, Effects of preservation on the mechanical strength and chemical composition of cortical bone: an experimental study in sheep femora, Elsevier, 2002.
- T.M. Keaveny, E.F. Morgan, G.L. Niebur, and O.C. Yeh, Biomechanics of trabecular bone, Biomedical Engineering, 2001.
- A. Van Der Westhuizen, The strain rate dependent mechanical properties and modelling of bovine cortical bone in compression, (Phd thesis, University of Cape Town, 2008).
EPJ Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 2012DYMAT 2012 - 10th International Conference on the Mechanical and Physical Behaviour of Materials under Dynamic Loading
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||31 August 2012|