EPJ Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 2012DYMAT 2012 - 10th International Conference on the Mechanical and Physical Behaviour of Materials under Dynamic Loading
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Modeling and Numerical Simulation|
|Published online||31 August 2012|
- M.C. Shaw, 1984. Metal Cutting Principles, Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- P. L. B. Oxley, 1989. The Mechanics of Machining: An Analytical Approach to Assessing Machinability. Ellis Horwood Limited Publishers, Chichester.
- R. Komanduri, T. Schroeder, J. Hazra, B. F. von Turkovich, D. G. Flom. On the catastrophic shear instability in high-speed machining of an AISI 4340 steel. Journal of Engineering for Industry, 1982, 104: 121∼131 [CrossRef]
- M. Eugene Merchant. Mechanics of the metal cutting process. I. orthogonal cutting and a type 2 chip. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1945, 16: 267∼275.
- Piispanen, V. Theory of formation of metal chips. Journal of Applied Physics, 1948, 19: 876∼881. [CrossRef]
- D. Buryta, R. Sowerby, I. Yellowley. Stress distribution on the rake face during orthogonal machining. Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufact, 1994, 34: 721∼739. [CrossRef]
- M. A. Davies, A. L. Cooke and E. R. Larsen. High bandwidth thermal microscopy of machining AISI 1045 steel. CIRP, Annals-Manufacturing Technology. 2005, 54(1): 63∼66 [CrossRef]
- T. D. Marusich, M. Ortiz. Modelling and simulation of high-speed machining. Int. J. Num. Meth. Eng, 1995, 38: 3675∼3694
- A. J. Shih. Finite element simulation of orthogonal cutting. Journal of Engineering for Industry, yr1995, 117: 84∼93. [CrossRef]
- R.F. Recht. Catastrophic thermoplastic shear. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1964, 31: 189∼193.
- R. J. Clifton, 1980. Report to the NRC Committee on Material Responses to Ultrasonic Loading Rates.
- Y.L. Bai, Thermo-plastic instability in simple shear. J. Mech. Phys. Solids C 1982, 30: 195∼207 [CrossRef]
- T.J. Burns, and M.A. Davies. 1997, Nonlinear Dynamics Model for Chip Segmentation in Machining. 79, 447.
- Molinari, A., Musquar, C., Sutter, G., 2002. Adiabatic shear banding in high speed machining of Ti-6Al-4V: experiments and modeling. Int. J. Plast. 18, 443. [CrossRef]
- W. Ma, X. W. Li, L. H. Dai, L. Ling, 2012. Instability criterion of materials in combined stress states and its application to orthogonal cutting process. Int. J. Plast., 30∼31, 18.
- C. Fressengeas, A. Molinari. Instability and localization of plastic flow in shear at high strain rates. J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 1987, 35(2): 185∼211. [CrossRef]
- L. Anand, K. H. Kim, T. G. Shawki. Onset of shear localization in viscoplastic solids. J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 1987, 35(4): 407∼429. [CrossRef]
- Gordon R. Johnson, WilliamH. Cook. 1985. Fracture characteristic of three metals subjected to various strains, strain rates, temperatures and pressures. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 21(1): 31∼48. [CrossRef]
- G. G. Ye, S. F. Xue, W. Ma, M. Q. Jiang, Z. Ling, X. H. Tong, L. H. Dai. 2012. Cutting AISI 1045 steel at very high speeds. International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture. 56, 1–9.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.