EPJ Web of Conferences
Volume 54, 2013New Strategies for Energy Generation, Conversion and Storage
|Number of page(s)||28|
|Published online||26 June 2013|
- For a general readership the book “Energy Survival Guide” by Jo Hermans gives a short but still broad introduction into many energy-related issues; “Sustainable Energy without the hot air” by MacKaye is highly recommended for an interested readership specifically as it is also available at the internet (http://www.withouthotair.com/); specialised interests are best served by the Landolt-Börnstein series on Energy Technologies, volumes VIII/3A, B, and C. As we concentrate on wind and photovoltaic energies, the reader may turn to “Introduction to Wind Energy Systems” by H.-J. Wagner and J. Mathur and to “Physics of Solar Cells” by P. Würfel introducing into the physics background of these technologies. A general overview over the German electricity supply is provided by the study of the “Arbeitskreis Energie” of the German Physical Society: “Electricity: The key to a sustainable and climatecompatible energy system”: http://www.dpg-physik.de/ veroeffentlichung/broschueren/studien/energy 2011.pdf. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de [Google Scholar]
- Ziems Ch. et al., “Effects of fluctuating wind power and photovoltaic production to the controlability and thermodynamic behaviour of conventional power plants in Germany”. VGB PowerTech Study, Uni Rostock. [Google Scholar]
- Weber H. et al., “Technical Framework Conditions to Integrate High Intermittent Renewable Energy Feed-in in Germany”, Wind Energy Management, ISBN: 978-953-307- 336-1, InTech, 2011. Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/windenergymanagement/ technical-framework-conditions-to-integrate-high-intermittentrenewable- energy-feed-inin-germany. [Google Scholar]
- Sharman H., “Wind Energy — the case of Denmark”, CEPOS, Sept. 2009 (http://"www.cepos.dk). [Google Scholar]
- Marheineke T., “Lebenszyklusanalyse fossiler, nuklearer und regenerativer Stromerzeugungstechniken”, IER Forschungsbericht, Band 87, 2002. [Google Scholar]
- http://"www.tennettso.de/site/Transparenz/veroeffentlichungen. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.entsoe-eu. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.bmwi.de. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.50hertz.com. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.transnetbw.de/kennzahlen/erneuerbare-energien/windeinspeisung/. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.fino-offshore.de. [Google Scholar]
- http://www.alpha-ventus.de. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.