EPJ Web Conf.
Volume 247, 2021PHYSOR2020 – International Conference on Physics of Reactors: Transition to a Scalable Nuclear Future
|Number of page(s)||1|
|Section||Advanced Modelling and Simulation|
|Published online||22 February 2021|
NEUTRONIC MODELING STRATEGIES FOR A LIQUID FUEL TRANSIENT CALCULATION
1 LPSC/IN2P3/CNRS 53 Avenue des Martyrs, Grenoble, 38026 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
2 LPSC/IN2P3/CNRS 53 Avenue des Martyrs, Grenoble, 38026 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
3 IRSN/PSN-EXP/LN 31 Avenue de la Division Leclerc, Fontenay-aux-Roses, 92262
Published online: 22 February 2021
• A detailed and highly flexible numerical tool to study criticality accidents has been developed
• The tool implements a Multi-Physics coupling using neutronics, thermal-hydraulics and thermal-mechanics models based on Open FOAM and SERPENT codes
• Two neutronics models: Quasi-Static Monte Carlo and SPN
In this work a system composed by a 2D square liquid fuel cavity filled with a fuel molten salt has been used to:
• Investigate the performance of the tool’s thermal-hydraulics and neutronics solvers coupling numerical scheme
• Evaluate possible strategies for the implementation of the Quasi-Static (QS) method with the Monte Carlo (MC) neutronics code
• Compare the QS-MC approach precision and computational cost against the Simplified P3 (SP3) method
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2021
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.