EPJ Web of Conferences
Volume 114, 2016EFM15 – Experimental Fluid Mechanics 2015
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||28 March 2016|
- R. J. Goldstein, V. L. Eriksen, R. M. Olson, E. R. G. Eckert, Laminar separation reattachment, and transition of flow over a downward-facing step, Trans. ASME D: J. Basic Engng. 92, 732 (1970). [CrossRef]
- B. F. Armaly, F. Durst, J. C. F. Pereira, B. Schönung, Experimental and theoretical investigation of backward-facing step flow, J. Fluid Mech. 127, 496 (1983). [CrossRef]
- K. B. Chun, H. J. Sung, Visualization of a locallyforced separated flow over a backward-facing step, Exp. Fluids 25, 133 (1998). [CrossRef]
- T. Lee, D. Mateescu, Experimental and numerical investigation of 2D backward-facing step flow, J. Fluids Struct. 12, 703 (1998). [CrossRef]
- J. Kostas, J. Soria, M. S. Chong, Particle image velocimetry measurements of a backward-facing step flow, Exp. Fluids 33(6), 838 (2002). [CrossRef]
- H. P. Rani, W. H. S. Tony, S. F. T. Eric, Eddy structures in a transitional backward-facing step flow, J. Fluid Mech. 588, 43 (2007).
- G. A. Truskey, K. M. Barber, T. C. Robey, L. A. Olivier, M. P. Combs, Characterization of a sudden expansion flow chamber to study the response of endothelium to flow recirculation, ASME J. Biomech. Engg. 117, 203 (1995). [CrossRef]
- M. A. Haidekker, C. R. White, J. A. Frangos, Analysis of temporal shear stress gradients during the onset phase of flow over a backward-facing step, J. Biomech. Engg. 123, 455 (2001). [CrossRef]
- J. Kim, and P. Moin, Application of a fractional step method to incompressible flows, J. Comput. Phys. 59, 308 (1985). [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- I. Grant, E. Owens, Y. Yan, Particle image velocimetry measurements of the separated flow behind a rearward facing step, Exp. Fluids 12, 238 (1992).
- P. T. Williams, A. J. Baker, Numerical simulations of laminar flow over a 3D backward-facing step, Int. J. Numer. Methods Fluids 24, 1159 (1997). [CrossRef]
- T. P. Chiang, T. W. H. Sheu, A numerical revisit of backward-facing step flow problem, Phys. Fluids 11(4), 874 (1999). [CrossRef]
- D. Barkley, M. G. M Gomes, and Henderson, R. D. Three-dimensional instability in flow over a backward-facing step, J. Fluid Mech. 473, 190 (2002). [CrossRef]
- G. Biswas, M. Breuer, F. Durst, Backward-facing step flows for various expansion ratios at low and moderate Reynolds numbers, J. Fluids Eng. 126, 362 (2004) [CrossRef]
- C. P. Schram, C., P. Rambaud, M. L. Riethmuller, Wavelet based eddy structure eduction from a backward facing step flow investigated using particle image velocimetry, Exps. Fluids 36, 233 (2004). [CrossRef]
- P. A. Libby, H. R. Reis The design of twodimensional contraction sections, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics 10, 95 (1951)
- V. de Brederode, P. Bradshaw, Three-dimensional flow in nominally two-dimensional separation bubbles, I. Flow behind a rearward-facing step, Aero Report 72–19, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (1972).
- S. S. Dol, M. M. Salek, R. J. Martinuzzi, Salek, R. J. Martinuzzi, Effects of Pulsation to the Mean Field and Vortex Development in a Backward-Facing Step Flow. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 136(1) (2014).
- S. S. Dol, M. M. Salek, R. J. Martinuzzi, Energy Redistribution Between the Mean and Pulsating Flow Field in a Separated Flow Region. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 136(11), 111105 (2014). [CrossRef]
- A. Valencia, L. Hinojosa, Numerical solutions of pulsating flow and heat transfer characteristics in a channel with a backward-facing step, Heat and Mass Transfer 32,143 (1997). [CrossRef]
- J. Jeong, F. Hussain, On the identification of a vortex, J. Fluid Mech. 285, 69 (1994). [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- M. M. Salek, S. S. Dol, R. J. Martinuzzi, Analysis of Pulsatile Flow in a Separated Flow Region, ASME Proceedings 5th Symposium on Fundamental Issues and Perspectives in Fluid Mechanics, pp. 1429-1438 (2009).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.